Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Friday, November 4, 2016, 3:00 PM
Present: Mayor Robert G. Wynne, Maureen Wynne, Steve Boss, and Chris Johnson (by telephone as he was out of town making it impossible to attend in person)
Absent: Rogers Badgett, Bill Goldstein
Also present: Dr. Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen
Mayor Wynne called the meeting to order.
- Minutes—Wynne moved to approve minutes from meetings held October 7, 2016 and October 14, 2016, Boss seconded, all ayes.
- Claims—Wynne moved to approve the report, Boss seconded, all ayes.
- Treasurer’s Report—September 2016 report was presented.
- ICAP Resolution—Wynne moved to adopt a resolution to appoint Kathy Petersen and Kent Boyum proxy and alternative to Iowa Communities Assurance Pool; Boss seconded; all ayes. Resolution number 20161104A was assigned.
- Annual Financial Report—After consideration Wynne moved to adopt a resolution approving the Annual Financial Report for fiscal year 2016; Boss seconded, all ayes. Resolution number 20161104B was assigned.
- Sewer Ordinance—The council considered reducing the monthly fixed rate charged to the Invincible America campus. They reviewed income and expense and will consider an updating the ordinance in December.
- Water Ordinance—Postponed.
- Maharishi Tower of Invincibility—Maureen Wynne reported that a grant application was submitted on October 30 that included detailed cost estimates for the building.
- Roads Report—Postponed.
- Energy Summit-Iowa Association for Energy Efficiency—Dr. Kent Boyum reported on the conference that focused on energy conservation. Hediscussed future tree planting projects with Trees Forever at the conference.
- Peace Palace Maintenance—Postponed until closing date is determined.
- City Library—Kathy Petersen reported on books donated to the City. Discussion took place regarding establishing a City library in the Community Center building. Wynne moved that Kathy Petersen research establishing a library, Boss seconded, all ayes.
- Other Business—Discussion took place regarding a request for subdivision approval in Devi Nagar, a subdivision adjacent to the City. Approval will be considered at the next meeting.
- Mayor Wynne adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk