Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Friday, February 17, 2017, 3:00 PM
Present: Mayor Robert Wynne, Rogers Badgett, Chris Johnson, Maureen Wynne
Absent: Bill Goldstein, Steve Boss
Also present: Nancy Watkins, Dr. Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen
Mayor Wynne called the meeting to order.
- Claims—Johnson moved to approve the report and an amended report from Feb. 13, 2017, Wynne seconded, all ayes.
- City Hall/Community Center—
- Donations—Discussion took place about establishing donation policies for the community center.
- Insurance—Discussion took place regarding building replacement cost, liability and indemnification.
- Parking & Driveway—Dr. Boyum reported on a bid of $25-30,000 for seal coating the parking lot.
- Budget FY18 & Set Public Hearing Date—Projected budget was presented. Wynne moved to set a public hearing date of Fri., March 10, 2017, 3 PM for the FY18 budget, Badgett seconded, all ayes.
- Consider Late Fees Policy—Discussion took place regarding establishing a procedure to allow for the waiver of late fees on municipal utility bills. Wynne moved to adopt a policy, so that late fees may be waived at the discretion of the City Clerk, if payment in full is received within 30 days of the due date, and if the account is otherwise consistently up-to-date, Badgett seconded, all ayes.
- Amend Resolution Authorizing the Payment of Certain Claims Prior to Council Approval—After discussion Badgett moved to amend a resolution authorizing certain claims to be paid prior to council approval to include 28E agreements, staff reimbursements and insurance premiums, Wynne seconded, all ayes. Resolution number 20170217 was assigned.
- Area 15 Support Resolution—Postponed.
- Wastewater System Cost Analysis—Dr. Boyum presented a history of income and expense for the sewer system related to system expansion. He will create a yearly history for the next meeting
- Consider Sewer Rate Amendment—Postponed.
- Other Business—None.
Mayor Wynne adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne