Maharishi Vedic City
Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 7:00 PM
City Hall, 1750 Maharishi Center Avenue
Present: Mayor Rogers Badgett, Councilmembers Chris Johnson, Steve Boss, Kara Anastasio (joined at 7:40 p.m.), Leslee Goldstein, Marty Hulsebos (All by Zoom as it was impractical to attend in person due to the on-going concern by the council for the COVID-19 Pandemic)
Present in Addition: Dr. Kent Boyum, Loraine Przybylski
Mayor Badgett called the meeting to order.
- Silence—Three minutes of silence was taken.
- Public Comments—No public comments.
- Minutes—Goldstein moved, Hulsebos seconded, to approve minutes from a meeting held on February 23, 2022; Ayes: Johnson, Boss, Goldstein, Hulsebos; Nays: none.
- Receipts and Claims—Goldstein moved, Hulsebos seconded, to approve the report. Ayes: Johnson, Boss, Goldstein, Hulsebos; Nays: none.
- Treasurer’s Report——Goldstein moved, Hulsebos seconded, to approve the December 2021 Treasurer’s Report. Ayes: Johnson, Boss, Goldstein, Hulsebos; Nays: none. Hulsebos moved, Goldstein seconded, to approve the January 2022 Treasurer’s Report. Ayes: Johnson, Boss, Goldstein, Hulsebos; Nays: none.
- Public Works and Utilities Report—Dr. Boyum reported on progress to the replacement of the bridge on Iris Ave., maintenance of lift pump at 1900 Capitol Blvd., water main break at 1770 Brahmanand Saraswati Blvd., a suggestion for more comprehensive annual water quality testing, and Ideal Energy’s involvement with the proposed solar project. The Council also discussed safety signage/barrier at the south end of Maharishi Center Ave.
- Motion to Request Maureen Wynne to Write Memorial Letter for Robert Josten—Anastasio moved, Goldstein seconded, to approve Maureen Wynne to write memorial letter on behalf of the City for Robert Josten. Ayes: Johnson, Boss, Anastasio, Goldstein, Hulsebos; Nays: none.
- Consider Partial Credit to Mother Divine for February Water Bill—The Council discussed request for partial credit to Mother Divine.
- Consider Amendments to Procedures Manual—Leslee Goldstein reported on proposed amendments to the council procedures manual.
- Consider Annual Jyotish Consultation—Leslee Goldstein reported on cost of Jyotish consultation.
- City Website Report—Leslee Goldstein and Marty Hulsebos reported on the city website redesign.
- Committee Reports—No Committee reports.
- Other Business—Kara Anastasio reported on road and welcome sign damage and replacement. The Council discussed new welcome signs.
Mayor Badgett adjourned the meeting.
Rogers Badgett, Mayor
Loraine Przybylski, City Clerk