Maharishi Vedic City
Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 7:00 PM
City Hall, 1750 Maharishi Center Avenue
Present: Mayor Rogers Badgett, Councilmembers Chris Johnson, Steve Boss, Kara Anastasio, Leslee Goldstein, Marty Hulsebos (All by Zoom as it was impractical to attend in person due to the on-going concern by the council for the COVID-19 Pandemic)
Present in Addition: Dr. Kent Boyum, Loraine Przybylski
Mayor Badgett called the meeting to order.
- Silence—Three minutes of silence was taken.
- Public Comments—Lohrainne Janell presented a petition signed by homeowners and future homeowners of Prairie Village, Maharishi Vedic City residents, Prairie Village contractors and others to City Council requesting that they approve the new Prairie Village Subdivision by June 10, 2022.
- Minutes—Anastasio moved, Hulsebos seconded, to approve minutes from a meeting held on May 25, 2022; Ayes: Johnson, Boss, Anastasio, Goldstein, Hulsebos; Nays: none.
- Receipts and Claims—Anastasio moved, Hulsebos seconded, to approve the report. Ayes: Johnson, Boss, Anastasio, Goldstein, Hulsebos; Nays: none.
- Treasurer’s Report—Postponed.
- Utilities Report—Dr. Boyum reported on utilities. The replacement pump for a Mandala One lift station has been ordered. A deposit was not required, and estimated arrival is ten weeks. Sewer and road information was sent to a prospective Mandala Three land buyer. This information will be emailed to Council for future prospective buyers. Water quality testing data from the Department of Natural Resources has been received. Ms. Anastasio requested that recent data be posted on the City’s website. Ideal Energy has almost completed the design for the proposed sewer solar project.
- Roads and Bridges Report—Dr. Boyum reported the 175th bridge reconstruction project has been stalled due to high ground water level.
- Consider Approving Prairie Village Subdivision Approval Agreement Modification from Developer—Council abstained and voted on Item 9.
- Consider Approving Amended Prairie Village Subdivision Approval Agreement—Boss moved, Anastasio seconded, to approve Amended Prairie Village Subdivision Approval Agreement. Ayes: Johnson, Boss, Anastasio, Goldstein, Hulsebos; Nays: none.
- Consider Approving New City Entrance Sign—Ms. Anastasio requested that Council move on a decision for the new city sign location. Ms. Anastasio and Mr. Hulsebos will create a survey for resident input on location.
- Review and Consider Approving Current Sewer Service Charges for Two City Campuses in Section 18.02 of the Code of Ordinances, Sewer Service Charges—Boss moved, Hulsebos seconded, to have the Finance Committee review the Pandit Campus sewer charges and report on progress at the next City Council meeting. Ayes: Johnson, Boss, Anastasio, Goldstein, Hulsebos; Nays: none.
- Consider Approving Engagement of City Attorney Regarding Debt Collection of Sewer Service Fees from Campus at 1675 Invincible America Ave.—Postponed.
- Committee Reports—None.
- Other Business—None.
Mayor Badgett adjourned the meeting.
Rogers Badgett, Mayor
Loraine Przybylski, City Clerk