Maharishi Vedic City
Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 7:00 PM
City Hall, 1750 Maharishi Center Avenue
Present: Mayor Rogers Badgett, Councilmembers Chris Johnson (joined the meeting at 7:45 p.m.), Steve Boss, Kara Anastasio (joined the meeting at 8:00 p.m.), Leslee Goldstein, Marty Hulsebos (All by Zoom as it was impractical to attend in person due to the on-going concern by the council for the COVID-19 Pandemic)
Present in Addition: Dr. Kent Boyum, Loraine Przybylski
Mayor Badgett called the meeting to order.
- Silence—Three minutes of silence was taken.
- Public Comments—No public comments.
- Minutes—Goldstein moved, Hulsebos seconded, to approve minutes, as amended, from a meeting held on February 9, 2022; Ayes: Boss, Goldstein, Hulsebos; Nays: none.
- Receipts and Claims—Goldstein moved, Hulsebos seconded, to approve the report. Ayes: Boss, Goldstein, Hulsebos; Nays: none.
- Treasurer’s Report—Postponed
- Review Fiscal Year 2023 Budget—The Council reviewed the proposed Fiscal Year 2023 budget.
- Resolution to Set Public Hearing Date for Fiscal Year 2023 Budget Adoption— Hulsebos moved, Boss seconded, to set the date for a public hearing for the proposed Fiscal Year 2023 Budget as March 23, 2022, 7:00 p.m.; Ayes: Johnson, Anastasio, Goldstein, Boss, Hulsebos; Nays: none. Resolution number 20220223 was assigned.
- Discuss Amendments to Procedures Manual – Committees and Committee Assignments— Goldstein moved, Anastasio seconded, to approve proposed new committee structures of Finance and City Administration, Public Safety and Public Works, Recreation and Beautification, Community and Economic Development, and Community Outreach; Ayes: Johnson, Anastasio, Goldstein, Boss, Hulsebos; Nays: none. Goldstein moved, Anastasio seconded, to approve Community Outreach Committee co-chairs Marty Hulsebos and Patty Hulsebos and members Leslee Goldstein, Loraine Przybylski, and Stellavera Kilcher; Ayes: Johnson, Anastasio, Goldstein, Boss, Hulsebos; Nays: none.
- Consider Annual Jyotish Consultation—The Council discussed having annual Jyotish consultations.
- Discuss City Website—Goldstein moved, Hulsebos seconded, to approve meeting with Surya Zeeb regarding updating the City website; Ayes: Johnson, Anastasio, Goldstein, Hulsebos; Nays: none. (Boss left the meeting at 9:05 p.m.)
- Roads and Bridges Report—Dr. Boyum reported the closing of 175th St. for bridge reconstruction project beginning February 28.
- Sewer Report—Dr. Boyum reported on maintenance needed for the lift pump at 1900 Capitol Blvd.
- Solar Report—Dr. Boyum reported on a meeting with Access Energy.
- Committee Reports—Recreation and Beautification: Stellavera Kilcher reported on matching funds of $80,450 for the trail’s grant and was acknowledged for her work on the project.
- City Hall and Community Center Improvements—The Council discussed dealing with an electrical issue at City Hall.
- Other Business—No other business.
Mayor Badgett adjourned the meeting.
Rogers Badgett, Mayor
Loraine Przybylski, City Clerk