Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 7:00 PM
City Hall, 1750 Maharishi Center Avenue
Present: Mayor Rogers Badgett, Councilmembers Chris Johnson, Kara Anastasio, Leslee Goldstein (joined 8:30 PM), Marty Hulsebos (All by Zoom as it was impractical to attend in person due to the on-going concern by the council for the COVID-19 Pandemic)
Absent: Steve Boss
Present in Addition: Dr. Kent Boyum, Loraine Przybylski, Kathy Petersen
Mayor Badgett called the meeting to order.
- Meet with Sheriff Bart Richmond—Sheriff Bart Richmond and Chief Deputy Sheriff Jerry Marcellus announced a meeting of the Jefferson County Emergency Management Council on January 31 to vote on a proposed emergency management levy.
- Silence—Three minutes of silence was taken.
- Public Comments—Thomas Farrer proposed the installation of electric vehicle charging stations at City Hall and was asked to research costs.
- Minutes—Anastasio moved, Hulsebos seconded, to approve minutes from a meeting held on January 17, 2022; Ayes: Johnson, Anastasio, Hulsebos; Nays: none.
- Receipts and Claims—Anastasio moved, Hulsebos seconded, to approve the report. Ayes: Johnson, Anastasio, Hulsebos; Nays: none.
- Treasurer’s Report—Postponed.
- Resolution to Approve Annual Payroll—Anastasio moved, Hulsebos seconded, to adopt a resolution approving 2022 base salary for city employees. Ayes: Johnson, Anastasio, Hulsebos; Nays: none. Resolution number 20220126 was assigned.
- Discuss Fairfield Diversity Resolution—Postponed.
- Matching Funds for Pathfinders Grant—Hulsebos moved, Anastasio seconded, to approve the allocation of $50,000 from the Road Use Tax fund, and funds from proposed ICAP and Walmart grants as matching funds towards the proposed Pathfinders grant. Ayes: Johnson, Anastasio, Hulsebos; Nays: none.
- Report on Farm to Market Road Maintenance—Kent Boyum reported that Farm to Market maintenance payments will be adjusted and reflected in Road Use Tax payments beginning July 2022.
- Committee Reports—Finance Committee: Kara Anastasio reported that the Finance Committee recommends matching funds as reported in agenda point 9. Culture, Recreation and Beautification Committee: Stellavera Kilcher reported on the cost estimates for each phase of the trail system.
- City Hall and Community Center Improvements—Kathy Petersen reported on the estimates to prepare for opening of the new Council Chambers room in City Hall.
- Other Business—Kent Boyum reported that the sewer pump serving the ghee factory was replaced, and on the need to replace a pump at the Mandala One lift station.
Mayor Badgett adjourned the meeting.
Rogers Badgett, Mayor
Loraine Przybylski, City Clerk